Monday, November 28, 2011

A Typical Monday

So I had a few things that I wanted to share today to kind of give you a little peek into what I do during the day. Hopefully soon I will start remembering my camera with me so you can see a little bit more of my day to day rather than just read it.

So my day started at about 3:00 a.m. when I was woken up by a ton of sirens going by. I guess it was a marijuana grow operation that went up in flames early this morning. My husband drove by this morning on his way to work and was kind enough to tell me about it. Here is a link to the King5 article: http://www.king5.com/news/local/Fire-investigation-underway-in-Everett-134585018.html if you want to read about it

After that, I got up at 5:30 and shortly hit the reality that I have to wear my glasses until I get new contacts because like a dork I forgot to order new contacts before I ran out! RRR. So I took the opportunity to have a little fun with my eyeshadow.

Speaking of my eyeshadow and cosmetics and whatnot - I did a face mask last night. It was quite comical because I was wearing my little girl footy pajamas and my husband kept saying he couldn't take me seriously.  I stocked up on a bunch of the ones I did on my wedding night - Thank you Laura - for getting me hooked. But somehow I got this fruit smoothie one that I didn't particularly like.

I don't like the ones that dry, they make my face feel tight, and this one dried. It took forever to rinse off too. Note-to-self: make sure not to use this fruit smoothie on my face again.

That aside, what else did I do today you may be wondering?

It is the last week of classes before finals, so I went to class then studied in the library for 2 hours. I know, bo-ring! But here is where the fun starts. I started prepping dinner!

Step 1.) Pour a glass of wine
Barefoot Moscato. Actually a lot sweeter than my preference, but I am not complaining. It's wine and it's open.

Step 2) Make salsa!
Probably doesn't look as good in this picture as it could, and again, I forgot to take pictures as I went. I will make this again and post the recipe soon.

Step 3) Start slow-cooking dinner!!!!


Actually simpler than pie tonight. Buy ribs at Safeway 50% off because they needed to be sold by today. Well I am making them for dinner tonight so yes please! $3 for dinner? Can't beat that. Really. Next pour half a bottle of bar-b-que sauce into crock pot with ribs. Flip the ribs around so they are covered in sauce. Set on low and leave until dinner. EASY! I have been craving ribs lately and since I knew we had a few things planned to do this afternoon I wanted something that wouldn't require a whole lot of prep.

4) Get chased by UPS man (who wasn't too horrible looking - too bad Mr. UPS Man, I am married!) while checking mail. Guess what is here? My AVON yippee.

My best friend was telling me how fabulous the peppermint bubble bath was so I thought I would do a little comparison between the peppermint and candy cane, and my good friend Kirstee ordered some perfume. Gotta love being an Avon rep ;) (www.youravon.com/jcrosby-toms)


5) Cook The Rest Of Dinner
 White Cheddar Shells and Italian Veggies (Cauliflower, Carrots, Italian Green Beans, Lima Beans and Zucchini.)


6) Enjoy Dinner!!


And LAST but not Least ... DESSERT! (See next Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment