Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Chicken Bruschetta Pasta with Zucchini

Today I got a huge pampered chef order in the mail. This inspired me to make a new dish - which in turn I (of course) posted on Facebook. After being asked for the recipe and inspired to start posting my recipes onto my blog again I decided to log on and share!

Now since this is a spur of the moment post, I don't have my normal step-by-step photos for you. We are moving in a week, so once we've gotten settled I will do an updated post with photos!

What you will need:
2-3 Chicken Breasts
Spaghetti Seasoning to taste (I use enough to cover the top of chicken)
1 package spaghetti
1 bouillon cube or enough chicken stock to cook pasta in
1 zucchini halved and sliced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3-5 cloves Garlic
1 small package basil
1 package small tomatoes like plum or vine ripe
About a cup of Spinach
Fresh Parmesan
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Season the chicken breasts with spaghetti seasoning, salt and pepper. Drizzle with evoo. Bake 15 minutes
3. When 15 minutes have passed begin pasta. Boil a pot of water with bouillon or chicken stock. Let chicken cook until pasta is cooked.
4. While pasta and chicken cooks, make bruschetta sauce. In a food processor combine all but a couple leaves of basil with garlic and all but 2 tomatoes. Drizzle in oil. Once sauce is made, add a healthy amount of fresh Parmesan finely grated.
5. Remove chicken from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
6. Saute zucchini in a large pan with garlic salt and olive oil over medium heat.
7. Pan fry noodles with zucchini, a ladle or two of pasta water, spinach, bruschetta sauce, and chicken cubed.
8. Toss with a little extra olive oil, cheese salt and pepper. Garnish with left over basil, tomatoes cubed and more cheese.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment